Search This Blog!

Loading...

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review: HennaSooq's Red Raj

 HennaSooq is an online store that sells body art quality henna. Being a little sick of commercial henna (and by commercial, I mean store bought), I ordered a couple different kinds of henna from them. I thought I'd review the Red Raj.

Don't be fooled by the title! Red Raj is nothing more than a superior grade of Rajastani henna. For those of you in the know, Rajastan produces some of the world's finest henna... something about the climate. On people without black hair, it's supposed to give you a nice red color... hence the name.



When I opened up the package, the henna was vacuum sealed in foil. The henna itself was bright green (this picture doesn't do it any justice). Just as a comparison, I have put it alongside some Mumtaz henna, so that you can see the difference.








I mixed the henna with some hot tea and some lemons from my parent's backyard. The resulting mixture looked like this.



Dye release took 3 hours. I applied it front to back (with my bare hands that turned a bright orange... I'm still recovering). Slept with it on, rinsed it off in the kitchen sink in the morning, and then applied a coconut oil as conditioner.

Results:
The henna gave a barely visible brown tint, and I'll post a picture as soon as we get some sunshine in these parts. I'm not surprised that Red Raj got as many rave reviews from bloggers as it did! It's definitely a good henna, but it doesn't beat the stuff my mom used to pick off the tree, dry and powder when we were kids. When I saw these results, I got on Amazon and ordered some henna seeds. I can atleast TRY grow the stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I'm confused!! So which product did you use, and which one are you recommending? Red Raj or Mumtaz or are you not recommending either??

    Thanks
    K

    ReplyDelete